Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Something I Need to Do

“Booksellers are the most valuable destination for the lonely, given the numbers of books written because authors couldn't find anyone to talk to.”  ~Alain de Botton

I was thinking this morning about how self-absorbed and pretentious I am to write a blog at all.
I ramble about myself, my thoughts and experiences as if they are really important in the grand scheme of things when probably they are not.

Sometimes I'm hard on myself like that.

There's another way of looking at it, of course.
There is always another way.

The real reasons I share so much of myself are

1. It's all I have to offer.
2. I'm addicted to writing in general, without regard for the topic.
3. I hope that the things I learn about life might help someone else.
4. Re-read above quotation, substituting "blogs" for "books" or "booksellers."

Mostly I'm just talking to myself, because I don't get an abundance of comments or feedback, but I don't mind because it's something I need to do regardless of the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment