Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Always Full

Optimism, however fake it feels when I am forcing it, is a highly effective weapon against defeat and despair. Better than optimism, though, is to learn to accept things as they are and learn to be good whatever happens.







1/2 Air


I don't know where I'm going to live or what my job is going to end up being.
And yet, I am good because I live in the moment and prepare for the future.
I appreciate the good things in my life and focus less on the things that could cause anxiety.
My life is nothing but potential.When I don't know what to do about my life situation, I concentrate on the things that I do know what to do about...


1/2 Water

The good things are many.
I know that if I have anything at all I can give it away.
I know that I can still teach, still love, and still hope.
I have a car and a roof over my head, but those things would just be exhisting.
Better than those things: I have friends and family who love me.
I ran for a full hour today and it felt great!

Technically, the glass is always full.
It's all a matter of perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment