Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cloudy Saturday

Flowers in the rain.
Oh - and Ireland's back there, too.
Cloudy days get me down.
Someday perhaps I will move to a sunnier clime - or maybe just move to Ireland, where at least the clouds can be expected. In Ireland, I just went, rain or shine, and had a great time. I seemed temporarily freed from my self-imposed weather restrictions and enjoyed each day regardless of the condition of the skies.
At home, I would postpone a walk because of the rain, or maybe even hole myself inside all day despite several things I could be doing.
I came back with a different perspective on what could be done in the rain, but I find that my moods will still fluctuate with the weather patterns.
Winter blues.
"Rainy days and mondays always get me down..."
On grey days, I work extra hard to focus on that which is good in my life.
And as for the things that are not good - I can make them work for me somehow.
I've been through a lot in the past few years. I am learning that things always get better if you stick it out, reach out, laugh, and concentrate on your core worth and your journey toward your goals.
Think you can't hold on any longer? Reach out... for someone else. You aren't alone in this.
Think everything is so horribly wrong that nothing good can ever happen to you again? Find something to laugh about. You can't be negative and laugh at the same time.
Think you're worthless? You're not. Each person in this world is here for some purpose. Maybe you have very little to give except yourself - your time or your listening ear. That is enough. That validates your existence because somebody else might not have made it without those things from you. Do that reaching out thing I mentioned and you'll find out. Better yet, reach inward. Remember the things that you value in yourself.
Have no goals? I'll bet you do. It's whatever you spend most of your time on. Don't like how you're spending your time? Set new goals and steps toward those instead. It's what I keep telling myself, and what I do on a cloudy saturday. I'm making plans and focusing on what matters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment