Thursday, October 9, 2014

Divorce/Break-Up Songs That Make Me Want to Cry/Vomit, 8 of 26 ~ Songs That Start With the Letter "H."

1.) Brad Paisley's Harvey Bodine. This is a bit of a strange "break-up" song, considering the man dies and realizes his marriage was so bad that he was relieved. It's true to life so far as men being emotionally abused just as often as women. It's a silly song, but I imagine divorced male country song lovers everywhere could appreciate it.






2.) Her Town, Too ~ James Taylor and John D. Souther. This song is so dated-sounding to me. Additionally, it makes me want to sleep, or to go into town and see if I can find some elevator music in one of the buildings there. That said, I rather like that the song sounds empathetic. Still gets the V.



3.) Pink Floyd's Hey, You. It's not entirely clear that this is a divorce or a break-up song. I love Pink Floyd, but it is a serious mistake to listen to this song if you are lonely, and that's what losing someone brings on, so I'll give it a Cry.



4.) Highway 20 Ride, by Zach Brown Band, is probably even more depressing than Reba Mcentire's Every Other Weekend, and that's saying a lot coming from me. I wonder if this is a horrible song for recently divorced men to listen to, or if it would be somehow therapeutic to have it come on and burst into tears. I hope to God that never happens to some poor fellow on his drive to get his kids for the weekend. That would certainly make me want to throw up out of sheer empathy.

  

5.) House of Broken Love ~ Great White. I took one look at this video and heard the song and vomited. Sorry. It's just so greasy and cheesy. Also, these men should not have better hair than me. Maybe I'm just jealous.



6.) Mary Chapin Carpenter's House of Cards has pretty good lyrics. I wish the music was better. Sad. I just don't like it. Once again, nothing I'd spend much time on by choice.



7.) Housewife's Prayer, by the Pistol Annies. Depressing. No one's divorced yet, but sounds to me like they are well on their way. V.



8.) How Do You Love Someone ~ Ashley Tisdale. I've never been terribly impressed by Ms Tisdale, but the lyrics to this song are very telling and true to a lot of women's lives. Sad, I guess, but kind of an Early 90's kind of "sad," which also means bad.



9.) Theory of a Deadman's Hurricane. Hurt and Hurricane. Bleh. Meh, even. V, but nice lyric video.



I was hoping to give you an even ten, but I ran out of Hs. If you think of one more song, I'd include it on the list for you. Hopefully you are not actually reading this and listening to these songs, because I assume you want to live a happy life. Tomorrow I've got like 15 songs that start with the letter "I." Wouldn't Sesame Street be proud of me?






No comments:

Post a Comment