Saturday, October 4, 2014

Divorce/Break-Up Songs That Make Me Want to Cry/Vomit, 5 of 26 ~ Songs That Start With the Letter "E."

I'm pretty sure I need to start doing more than one letter a day for these songs, but it does come in handy on days when I'm in a hurry. If all goes well, we'll have five songs that start with "E" this morning, and then I will see you tomorrow, maybe. Or not. I'm pretty busy on Sundays.

1.) First song on my list: Emergency, by Paramore. Should I vomit or cry? I have no opinion of this one. It seems rather generic to me, so my response is pure apathy. If it should happen too affect you more strongly than this, let me know, 'cause I got nuttin.



2.) Every Breath You Take ~ The Police. Was this song ever romantic to anyone out there? I personally looked at it as possibly the most creepy stalker song ever, even in 1984 when I was in Elementary School. Although I have always enjoyed Sting as an artist, stalking is not cool, so this merits a certain amount of spillage.



3.) Evil Eye, by Josh Ritter. Oh. My. Goodness! Now, this song is just hysterical! I'm not crying, I'm not vomiting -- I'm just sitting here watching the video and smirking.



As it turns out, I was unable to use two of the songs. One of them, by a group called Lighthouse, was actually a praise and worship song about being close to God. This seemed a strange choice for Google, but you never can tell with the Internet. It's like a box of chocolates.


No comments:

Post a Comment