Sunday, March 17, 2013

Erin Go Brah!

My son's tribute to the Irish sun god, Luh.
My maternal grandmother was Irish.
I travelled to Ireland a couple of years ago.
Therefore, I feel perfectly justified in getting a little silly this time of year.

My children and I made bodrhas and read Irish mythology and a little Yeats.

There was boiled dinner because that was my own mother's tribute to the holiday when my siblings and I were growing up.

It felt as if I were missing something... Ireland itself, perhaps.



Saint Patrick's Cathedral
"Where dips the rocky highland
Of Sleuth Wood in the lake,
There lies a leafy island
Where flapping herons wake
The drowsy water-rats;
There we've hid our faery vats,
Full of berries
And of reddest stolen cherries.
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you
can understand..."


~ The Stolen Child, Yeats

Joyce's Ullyses
 
Cliffs of Mohr on a rainy day


No comments:

Post a Comment