Sunday, January 27, 2013

Full Performance of "I Don't Know How to Love Him" from "Sadie Hawkins" ...




Yes, no one in their right mind watches this show (or course my mind has always been questionable). It has weak plots that revolve around adolescent angst, contrived storylines, bad acting, questionable morals, and is 80% set to music. But dammit, I like the music, and it's one of my guilty pleasures to curl up on the couch with some ice cream and watch.
I love this song from Jesus Christ Superstar primarily because I do excel at unrequited love, but also because once long ago I walked the streets of Toronto with my friend Dawn and her boyfriend ranting about how at least Canada has the decency to fund their arts - when I was literally stopped in my tracks by this haunting melody played on a saxophone along some side street I couldn't identify. I continued walking, falling behind my companions with a dance in my step as I dreamily listened to the music and thought of the boy I had a crush on...
Okay.
So you got it out of me.
Are you satisfied?

No comments:

Post a Comment