Monday, March 17, 2014

A Glint

Mental illness causes your world sometimes to get very small, limited to one single glint in your mind's eye.
A glitch.
Caught in a flashback in a barren room, all of my life revolves around that instant of unreasoning terror that I can't understand.
At the same time as this occurance shrinks my life's potential, it is also broadens my mind to include or reveal hidden schema. Now I'm aware that the room is there, and I'm amazed that my brain has been so clever all this time, that in five minutes or five seconds it puts together this overpowering moment in time with vivid detail and the emotions to go with it.
It leaves me confused and frustrated, wondering how I can get through my life now when my brain keeps jerking me back to then.

No comments:

Post a Comment