Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lately I feel as if I've checked out of my life somehow.
This is mostly due to the fact that I'm not particularly happy nor especially sad.
When I'm not experiencing extremes, I tend to feel nothing instead.
I am going to work because I must pay my bills.
I am eating and drinking and sleeping.
I've started work on my final college course before I get my Master's Degree.
But it's clear that I'm avoiding my own life in the way that I sit on Facebook for hours clicking and saving encouraging memes.
It's clear when I eat and eat and eat whether I am hungry or not.
It's clear when I take hours to gear myself up to do one single thing.
It comes through my voice over the phone when I'm doing my job at the call center.
I am trying to detach, and I'm stuffing myself with food and images and any other distractions I can think of rather than actually face my situation and do something proactive about it.
I don't want to over-analyze what's going on, but I'm trying to make sense of it.
I had a flashback in the counselor's office a week ago today.
I know I described it in a recent blog post, but I couldn't explain it to anyone who asked me about it today.
My short term memory is shot.
I hear that's just a symptom.
I have all these coping mechanisms to learn that are supposed to help me give up my negative, unhelpful habits, but how do I use them to fix something when I don't know what it is? 
I am so tired of feeling afraid and confused all the time.
I know that I have the brains, talent, and skills to really do something rewarding and fulfilling with my life, but I have one little Post Traumatic Episode and I'm aimless and spaced out for a week.
I suppose sleep would be a good start for me. Sleep.
Then I will get up and try again tomorrow.
Damn.
It already is tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment