Monday, September 29, 2014

Divorce/Break-Up Songs That Make Me Want to Cry/Vomit, 2 of 26 ~ 3 Songs That Start With the Letter "C."




1.) VOMIT ~ Change My Mind. Billy Ray Cyrus (aside from raising a class act, Greek tragedy of a daughter), comes off as a complete ass in this song. He tells some poor woman that he loves her, dumps her, and is now thinking that, although it was a lie when he told her he would love her forever, he's considering changing his mind. Well, that's all fine and dandy, Billy, my boy, but it doesn't mean you deserve to have her back again, or that she doesn't have enough self-respect to tell you to get lost.



2.) Conversation 16, The National. I don't quite know if I should laugh, cry, or vomit. This is an interesting take on a relationship gone bad. Brains, anyone? Or, as RH1no1 said on YouTube:
"If Conversation 16 was about eating brains, I want to know what conversations 15 and 17 were."




3.) VOMIT ~ Just in case you didn't get enough of our little ray of sunshine, Laura Bell Bundy, she returns for Letter C of Songs to Vomit to, singing Curse the Bed at Walmart. Yeah, you heard me right. She burns the bed and then dances around the charred frame dressed in white and drinking champagne. The music is pretty sedate next to the lyrics. Not quite sure what she was thinking here. The song is so good that this is the only copy of it I could find online that wasn't sung by a wannabe teen.



This is all I have time for this morning. If I had to pick a "favorite," I'd go with "eating my estranged partner's brains" song. Revenge never tasted so sweet?


Tomorrow: Divorce/Break-Up Songs That Make Me Want to Cry/Vomit, 
4 of 26 ~ 3 Songs That Start With the Letter "D."

No comments:

Post a Comment