Saturday, February 16, 2013

Untouched


The woman who never sleeps, 
She loves the early morning hours when fresh light is shining in.

 Trundled in her blankets,
Secure diminutive fetus.

The nightmares leave with obscurities
 Safe sex, they snicker, is an oxymoron...
 They have to take that one last stab
 before the light blocks them out.

Her mind ambles in and out of reality
as effortlessly as stations on the dial of her car.

Therefore, she can feel someone holding her tenderly
telling her everything is all right.
It’s all right, and it’s going to be all right.
 I’m all right.
 More than all right.

I’m a striking, sensuous being
In the early morning hours the ache of my existence is exquisite
my mind stripped of worries, my body bare of apparel

Someone rocking her
Firm hands; words
Fingers trailing through her hair.
 She hungers for the words more than for their touch
Along her temples,
 inside her mind
Echoes, trailing earthquakes along her skin
 It feels so good,
 as so few things do

Lips; whispering
They trace along the length of her form
 in rhythms, consonants, alliteration,
leaving fiery moist darts in their wake
 lit clit literature

The rocking glides into a cadenced dominance
 surrounded by sound; sounding out the words
 They taste good

 She’s not some crazy hypersexual whore,
Not dirty nor low

Beautiful

Powerful

Unique

He must know that I can’t say no to anything
but understands that freedom breeds

Breathes

 She's whispering

Any time; any place
 Crazy, clashing imagery

Any game; any position
 The pauses seem random but are pregnant with anticipation

As hard as you want
 They only seem harsh when they become personal

As long as you want
 broken up by spaces, trailing down the page like fingers

As fast or as slow as you want
 speed poetry, seed poetry, erupting in motion

As often as you want
 She lingers in the words compulsively,
tunneling through her limbs,
a fix shot through her veins

 The stamen forced through,
the soft tactile flames
 bursting into her brain,
a profusion of shuddering red petals
 warm and spreading warmth

Heavy breathing in her ear
It’s morning
I’m safe in the morning
The breaths are defenselessly resilient ,
holding back so much
Holding back the pain
The emptiness
The fear

Solid hands are holding her,
soothing her,
telling her that she's safe
Gentle, persistent,
Leaving tremors in their wake

I’m all right
 Everything’s all right

“Are you there?” he asks.
Softly
He knows that she needs him to ask

She needs to be there

I want to be there
I don’t have to float fearfully from my body
Hovering cold and alone above
There's nothing broken here;
 I can connect like this, cling to this
Touch it taste it smell it feel it free it be it
 allow myself to feel this, to enjoy this -
Shaking, quaking with searing intensity
in the effort to maintain control
for fear her mind will explode
with urgency in the moment

Because he’s on to her,
covering her
Clever enough,
patient enough
to sense when she's leaving,
to hold her close and tell her that he’s there
 to rock and to read another line

And she adores him for it
 a stanza

For grounding her,
pressing her into the covers
whispering
Touch me
Touch me here
 Short, rapid breaths singing,
A pant
A sigh
 Denying entry of the fear

Filling her with floral arrangements
 No room for the thorns

 Tell me
Teach me
Reach for me

Quivering
I burn like a phoenix
Birth like Eve
Believe
Just tell me
Movement by movement,
describe the steps of the dance

 For she hungers for the words as much as for the touch

I learn quickly

My mind and body open
early in the morning
where the nightmares stand at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment